I am using win32 server (Server 2008 Enterprise SP1)
and tomcat 6.0.18 (extracted from zip) .
I am a newbie in tomcat who use the bundled manager application as
often as I can to deploy /undeploy webapp or simply to manage it. As I
set a hard-to-guess password and username in the tomcat-users.xml ,
but still it is only a basic insecure authentication (basic
authentication without a secure connection-that's how win2008 explain
to me in the manager login dialog pop-up) , obviously it is not
enough.
Now , I want the /manager webapp only be accesible from localhost only
( but other webapp must be accessible from outside whether private LAN
or Internet)  ,but how ?
or at least accessible only from the same subnet / private LAN / per gateway ?
Thanks .