Your application is not closing all result sets, statements, or connections.

You might get a tool like FindBugs

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/

and look at your application if it's compiled java.

Wouter D'Haeseleer wrote:
Hi Guys,
We have an Oracel RAC at work and using some applications running on a tomcat which needs oracle.
Nearly every week we have a problem with these connections.
We are getting: ORA-12520: TNS:listener could not find available handler for requested type of server This means, no connections available anymore. And when I look at the connections itself in oracle I see that the following connection is using more then 200 sessions ! <Resource auth="Container"
                        description="RAC connection for the SHARK DB"
                        name="sharkdb"
                        type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
                        factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
                        driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=ourhost1)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=ourhost2)(PORT=1521))(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)(CONNECT_DATA= (SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=WFLOW)))"
                        user="username"
                        password="password"
                        maxIdle="8"
                        minIdle="2"
                        maxWait="5000"
                        maxActive="10"
                        connectionCachingEnabled="true"
                        fastConnectionFailoverEnabled="true"
                        connectionCacheName="myOracleDatasourceCache0"
                        onsConfigStr="nodes=ourhost1:6200,ourhost2:6200"
connectionProperties="oracle.jdbc.ReadTimeout=30000" /> For me this is really strange since this connections says maxActive=10 Could someone try to help me with this issue? I'm using ojdbc-10.2.0.3.jar and ons.jar Thanks Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best Regards,
Wouter D'Haeseleer
2e line support
IMAS NV
Van Genechten Packaging
Raadsherenstraat 2 B-2300 Turnhout
Tel: 0032 14 37 30 Fax: 0032 14 40 37 15

Privileged Confidential Information may be contained in this message.

If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.

In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: +1 303 438 9585