> From: Dave Filchak [mailto:sub...@zuka.net]
> Subject: Re: General errors in virtual host setup
>
> Can I just kill all java pids and then restart the version of tomcat I
> know I installed?

Yes, but if there's an /etc/init.d script for the one you don't want, it will
restart when the system is rebooted.  You need to do a bit more work to find it
and remove it.

> Is there an ultimate difference between deploying a WAR file
> and simply copying all of the needed files to a ROOT directory
> inside the appBase?

If the .war file is named ROOT.war and located in the appBase directory, those
are functionally identical.  (The name of the .war file or directory is the URL
path to the webapp, with ROOT serving as a synonym for "".)  Packaging as a
.war just makes transporting the webapp easier; keeping it as an expanded
directory makes updating pieces easier during development.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.