> From: Pantvaidya, Vishwajit [mailto:vpant...@selectica.com]
> Subject: RE: Running out of tomcat threads - why many threads in
> RUNNABLEstage even with no activity
>
> So socket_keepalive is already 1. So does this mean that firewall is
> dropping connections in spite of it.

The doc does not mention using 1 here, just true (although other variables
allow either).  Would be best to get Rainer's opinion when the sun comes up in
Europe.

> My netstat o/p had only 2 tomcat connections active in FIN_WAIT2 and
> about 11 in keepalive on httpd side - I guess this does not indicate
> any hanging connections?

It's not what one would like to see, especially since none of the ports match -
all of the connections are broken.

> Could that be because currently connectionTimeout is
> active in my server.xml?

I think so; it appears that setting the connectionTimeout on the Tomcat side
will effectively disable the expected persistence; it's an expensive workaround
for the problem.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.