Christopher Schultz wrote:

All,

(I have no idea why my messages are getting messed-up... apologies for
the empty messages... I swear I'm sending whole messages!)

During performance testing, I got the following warnings in
catalina.out. I'm using the NIO connector (along with the NIO connector
with sendFile disabled) from Apache 6.0.20 along with tcnative 1.1.16 on
a 32-bit JVM on Linux:

java version "1.6.0_13"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

These are the warnings I received:

May 23, 2009 5:03:20 AM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:23:40 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:23:50 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:23:58 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:24:03 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:24:38 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:32:55 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.
May 23, 2009 12:32:55 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector$KeyReference finalize
WARNING: Possible key leak, cancelling key in the finalizer.

Should I be concerned about this? Unfortunately, I stopped Tomcat before
I saw this error, so I can't inspect the heap or anything like that.
Its a warning that the key shows isValid()==true when the finalizer has been invoked, and that the key is being closed.
It should not affect your system, since the key is being cancelled out.
If you have a test that you are running, I can reproduce it, and make the warning go away

best
Filip