Hello,

I have Tomcat (can't figure out what version as the version.sh script is giving
all kinds of errors) running on separate Linux servers. So an overview of my
config is
1 web server, 4 app servers (tomcat), and 1 db server.

We were seeing an increase in the httpd processes on the web server to the
point where I had to increase the MaxClients on the apache 2 server to 2048. I
finally figured out that the normal number of httpd daemons on the web server
(50-100) was spiking due to tomcat processes stalling or going completely down.

So I started looking at why tomcat was failing and I found this error message
in the ACStarError.log :

SEVERE: All threads (200) are currently busy, waiting. Increase maxThreads
(200) or check the servlet status.
So I checked the server.xml file and found the following:

    <Connector port="81" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
              server="-"
              maxThreads="600" connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="443" />
<!-- Awele 20070402 For SSL Requests, processed non-SSL,
due to Coyote SSL Accelerator -->
<!--
    <Connector port="443" address="10.5.3.9" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               server="-"
               secure="true"
               maxThreads="600" connectionTimeout="20000"
                />
-->
    <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
         This connector uses the JSSE configuration, when using APR, the
         connector should be using the OpenSSL style configuration
         described in the APR documentation -->
    <!--
    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
    -->

So It looks like the maxThreads has already been increased to 600. The server
has been rebooted and tomcat stopped/started multiple times. Again all servers
are Red Hat 5.2. Is there an additional parameter that needs to be set in order
for tomcat to actually increase the maxThreads ?
Thank You

Keven Jones