Hi

apache-tomcat-6.0.16
jdk1.6.0_03

Dev box : Windows
Deployment box: Linux

I have my server installed at

C:\servers\tomcat\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\

My application is installed at

C:\servers\tomcat\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\webapps\ROOT

I have an  image cache available at

C:\servers\tomcat\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\webapps\ROOT\imagecache

In a servlet I do the following

String pathToImagecache = getServletContext().getRealPath("imagecache");
logger.log(Level.INFO, "The path to the image cache is " + pathToImagecache);

The logging output gives the following

INFO: The path to the image cache is
C:\servers\tomcat\apache-tomcat-6.0.16\temp\1-ROOT\imagecache

I need to get hold of the imagecache directory to write images to it
but I have no idea what  this \temp\1-ROOT\ bit of the path all about
???
The only way I can get the correct path at the moment is to set up an
EV in context.xml then do a JNDI lookup in my site cooker and save the
value to my config server... I'd much rather use getRealPath as I
don't have to change the config when I deploy to live.

I'm confused, any help much appreciated

lyallex