> From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:hassan.schroe...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Loading dynamically created content: An old chestnut but
> still a problem.
>
> Then I copied a random example.gif image to the ROOT directory
> and entered http://localhost:8080/example.gif in my address bar.
> And there it is in my browser.

Just to confirm that there's no long-term caching, I extended the above by
starting Tomcat, loaded the home page in Firefox, replaced tomcat.gif by one of
Bill the Cat with the name tomcat.gif, refreshed the page with F5, and got the
revised, much uglier image in the upper left corner.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.