Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
Subject: Re: Reading POSTed data

The servlet spec is very clear about when the request is consumed to
fulfill a getParameter call and when the request is specifically /not/
consumed.

What I find problematic is that the spec gives no hint about how to process
POST data that is not parameterized.  Lack of mentioning any alternative gives
the impression that parameterization is the only way of handling it, whereas
real-world practice is quite different.

 - Chuck

I have an application which extensively uses message data in POST requests so I was a bit concerned by your comment above.

However, P36 of my copy of the 2.4 servlet spec (sec SRV 4.1.1) says
"If [the POST Form data conditions] are not met and the post form data is not included in the parameter set, the post data must still be available to the servet via the request object's input stream."

I don't want to appear picky, but that doesn't actually seem that problematic. If you don't set the content type as application/x-ww-form-urlencoded then you should be able to read it via the input stream

Regards

Alan Chaney

attachments from all computers.

!DSPAM:4a3bf2e676342136417547!