Thanks for your reply. We will consider upgrading, but can you explain the
error that we are facing. Then we may be able to
reproduce this and see if it was fixed with 5.5.27.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Juni 2009 13:50
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: Problem with Tomcat Cluster (read acknowledgement from server)

Ehlers, Kolja wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> we are running a couple of clustered Tomcat 5.5.9 instances and keep
> experiencing problems in our productive environment. This is the
> configuration:

The current version is 5.5.27, there have been a lot of bug fixes since 5.5.9.
You should definitely upgrade to a more recent
version before proceeding.  Be careful to read the complete change log before
you do so as there are several fixes that often catch
people out.

> [...]
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve.invoke(ReplicationValve.java:145)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>       at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>       at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:307)
>       at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:385)
>       at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
>       at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:678)
>       at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)
>       at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
> Jun 22, 2009 10:06:31 AM org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.DataSender
> waitForAck
> WARNING: Wasnt able to read acknowledgement from
> server[{0}:{1,number,integer}] in {2,number,integer} ms. Disconnecting
> socket, and trying again.
> Jun 22, 2009 10:06:46 AM org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.DataSender
> waitForAck
> WARNING: Wasnt able to read acknowledgement from
> server[{0}:{1,number,integer}] in {2,number,integer} ms. Disconnecting
> socket, and trying again.
> Jun 22, 2009 10:06:56 AM org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.DataSender
> <init>
> INFO: Create sender [cwww1/10.0.0.30:4,437] Jun 22, 2009 10:07:01 AM
> org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.DataSender waitForAck
> WARNING: Wasnt able to read acknowledgement from
> server[{0}:{1,number,integer}] in {2,number,integer} ms. Disconnecting
> socket, and trying again.
> Jun 22, 2009 10:07:02 AM org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.DataSender
> waitForAck
> WARNING: Wasnt able to read acknowledgement from
> server[{0}:{1,number,integer}] in {2,number,integer} ms. Disconnecting
> socket, and trying again.
>
> The node1 logs do not show anything during that time. I have read that
> for a productive environment to increase mcastFrequency="500",
> mcastDropTime="3000" and to install the cluster fix. But my guess is that the
> problem with receiving the acknowledgement is more
or a session replication problem and not a problem receiving the tomcat
heartbeats.