P,

Sorry, I'm not sure why GMail included you as well.  It should only have
gone to the tomcat users listing.

I didn't realize that it was a servlet spec item and a non-tomcat item.  I
have downloaded SS 2.4 final.  That has info on it.

I've done a ton of mappings in the web.xml file already for the servlets
that already exist for this.  If it's more mappings that I need, it
shouldn't be an issue.  I'll need to read closely then on how filters work.
Thanks again for everything again.