Maciej Matecki wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 1:28 AM, André Warnier<a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:
Maciej Matecki wrote:
Actually I've got much more bigger problem I can't get compiled module
for kerberos with Apache on Windows :(

Can I ask again : why do you need to authenticate /under Apache/ with
Kerberos ?  Is it just to pass the user-id to Tomcat ? Or do you also need
it at the Apache level for something ?

I just need to pass the user-id to Tomcat.

Then why don't you do the Kerberos authentication directly in Tomcat, instead of trying to do it under Apache ? I googled a bit last night for "tomcat +auth +kerberos", and although I personally don't understand most of it, it seems that there are already ready-made ways of doing this, around the "JAAS realm" concept.

Once your app is authenticated under Tomcat, if you need to pick up the user-id from Tomcat to pass it in another way to other webapps/filters, you can just pick it up as request.getRemoteUser().

Also, once you have done the Kerberos authentication in Tomcat, and if you ever need, later, to "bring this back" to the Apache level, then the method I previously indicated would apply.