Alee,

On 7/14/2009 10:44 AM, alee amin wrote:
> I am trying to configuring apache webserver with tomcat using AJP but i am
> not sure am i doing it right or not.

[snip]

>   <IfModule mod_proxy>
> ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
> ProxyPassMatch ^(/photos/.*\.jpg)$!
>   </IfModule>

[snip]

> - Added the worker.properties file to Catalina_home/conf directory with
> follwoing properties

You don't need worker.properties if you are using mod_proxy_ajp.
worker.properties is only for using mod_jk (an alternative to
mod_proxy_ajp in httpd 2.2, and the only viable game in town for AJP in
pre-2.2 versions of Apache httpd).

Just get rid of the worker.properties file.

>   <Connector
> className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
> port="8009"

Wow. What version of Tomcat are you attempting to use? This
configuration looks seriously old. If you are just starting out, try
using Tomcat 6.

> Now i am trying to test to browse some JSP file at the following location "
> http://localhost:8009/examples/jsp/jsp2/el/basic-arithmetic.jsp"; which is
> working fine.

Really? Making an HTTP request on port 8009 isn't going to work: that
port is serving AJP13 requests. What do you mean it "is working fine"
when you "test to browse some JSP" files?

> but i want to browse this file at
> http://localhost/examples/jsp/jsp2/el/basic-arithmetic.jsp.

So, you want to use port 80? That's what Apache httpd should be doing
for you: proxying port 80 traffic through AJP (port 8009) to Tomcat.

> Have i done it right or there is something else that i can do?

What happens when you start everything up and actually try it? If it
works as expected, I'd say that you have done at least most of it correctly.