Caldarale, Charles R schrieb:

If you don't mind providing direct access to the downloadable area,
one easy way to provide this is to place a <Context> element in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[dlink].xml, where [dlink] is the URL link you
want for the downloadable files.  Within the <Context> element, place
a docBase attribute that points to the directory that downloads occur
from.  No programming required.

<Context docBase="/usr/myName/downloads"/>

and it would be placed in conf/Catalina/localhost/files.xml.

That's convenient. I tried including an additional Context file named
import.xml with an unrelated web-app, thinking that by some chance it
might result in a second context being configured.

<Context path="import" docBase="C:\MILU\data\ASV-DS"/>

(I'm aware you should never set either @path or @docBase on
"META-INF/context.xml" as they are inferred, but the above was
meant for a different context needing these parameters.)

----------------------------------
M:\WORKSPACE\XPGJ\WEBCONTENT
│
├───META-INF
│       context.xml
│       import.xml
│       MANIFEST.MF
│
└───WEB-INF
    │   web.xml

As I suspected, no second context gets configured. Is there a way
of including a second context with a web application in a similarly
convenient way?

Michael Ludwig