Mark,
what do you mean by
separation of httpd and Tomcat

Do you mean that httpd should redirect all requests to tomcat and not serve static files?
Or that httpd should have alias /myapp
and still serve static files for it.
Or something different?

Mark Thomas wrote:
Nikolay Diulgerov wrote:
I wonder then if I can use in server.xml
<Context path="" docBase="/tomcat/webapps/myapp"/>
To change the default application serving when someone requests
myserver.com:8080

No. That will result in double deployment. Just rename webapps/myapp to
webapps/ROOT

And then in apache to use

DocumentRoot "/tomcat/webapps/myapp"
Make this:
DocumentRoot "/tomcat/webapps/ROOT"
and also below.

<Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp">
   Options FollowSymlinks
   DirectoryIndex index.html login.jsp
   AllowOverride None
   Allow from all
</Directory>
   <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/">
   AllowOverride None
   deny from all
</Directory>
   <Directory "/tomcat/webapps/myapp/META-INF/">
   AllowOverride None
   deny from all
</Directory>
Better. Depending on settings JSP source code disclosure may still be an
issue. (ie requests for index.jSp may get served by httpd as static files).

JkMount /*.jsp client
JkMount /*.do client

I always recommend separation of httpd and Tomcat but if you are going
to have them serving from the same directory structure then you are
heading in the right direction.

Mark