> From: Christoph Kukulies [mailto:k...@kukulies.org]
> Subject: increasing JVM heap space in Tomcat 6.0 (Windows XP)
>
> I tried to start the Tomcat6 service under Windows XP then manually
> giving it the start parameters
> -Xms64m -Xmx1024m, but I'm still getting the error.

What JVM version are you using?

What *exact* Tomcat version are you using?

Have you verified that your heap settings are actually being used?  (BTW, it's
usually better in a server environment to have the Xms and Xmx values the same
- less heap thrashing.)

Are you really running out of memory?  The JVM throws an OOME for a variety of
reasons, only one of which is heap exhaustion.

JConsole is a useful tool for monitoring a running JVM.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.