> From: Tena Sakai [mailto:tsa...@gallo.ucsf.edu]
> Subject: RE: (newbie question) missing classs file?
>
> Being a newbie, I had no idea such "deep secret" existed.

It's not a deep secret.  Look at the JSP doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html

and at conf/web.xml for the JSP servlet parameters.  Note especially the
default for the scratchdir parameter.

> Since the distribution contained a directory:
>   $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/sample/WEB-INF/classes
> with a class file, I was completely blinded to look elsewhere.

Note that that is mypackage.Hello, not anything associated with a JSP.  Look in
the servlet mappings in webapps/sample/WEB-INF/web.xml to see how to invoke the
mypackage.Hello servlet.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.