Hi list members,
I am Markus Pohle, new subscriber to this list and long time user of apache tomcat and tomcat connector (with apache httpd).

I do have a question according to mod_jk and jkstatus for which I did not find any answer or solution, neither on internet/google nor the mailing list and I hope, someone of you can help me.

Here is the scenario:

- two physical frontend servers, each with one apache httpd webserver with mod_jk
- two physical middle tier servers, each with two apache tomcat servers
- the two frontend servers use linux-ha and heartbeat for failover
- mod_jk on the frontend servers are used to connect thru ajp13 to the tomcat servers and do simple loadbalancing and failover (for the tomcats)

- the both frontend servers with apache httpd have same mod_jk configuration (of course!)

now it comes...

during uptime changes are made to the mod_jk configuration thru the jkstatus pages, like disabling or stopping one tomcat node. if that happens, the actual jkstatus configuration does not match the static mod_jk-conf-file configuration any more. if the first frontend server (or the apache httpd server on it) crashes, linux-ha and heartbeat do a takeover to the second frontend server and start apache httpd on the server. during apache httpd startup it loads its mod_jk configuration, but that one differs from the actual jkstatus configuration on the crashed first frontend server!

My problem is, that I do not know how to replicate the actual jkstatus config from the first frontend server to the second one so that i case of takeover the modified configuration from with jkstatus is being kept.

Does anybody ever had the same problem? Is there a solution? Any help would be realy appreciated!

TIA,
Markus Pohle