From: Malladi, Sasikanth [CCC-OT_IT]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 11:58 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; a...@ice-sa.com
Subject: RE: Running multiple tomcats

Interesting. It's actually the other way.
telnet to 8008 seemed successful.
$ telnet  myhost 8008
Trying 169.193.129.130...
Connected to myhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

ls
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:54:14 GMT
Connection: close

0

Connection to emimmagg1 myhost closed by foreign host.

But telnet to 8080 was refused:
$ telnet  myhost 8080
Trying 1xx.1xx.1xx.1xx...

This is my browser's response:

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at myhost:8008.

    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a
few
          moments.

    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Regards,
Sashi