On 22/08/2009 21:37, Gerardo Corro wrote:

Hi,

I have 6 different web-apps (let's call their contexts /wa1, /wa2  ... /wa6)
running in port 8080.

I have another web-app named /proxy running on port 80. As the name suggests
this web-app does proxy functions for the other 6 web-apps. This proxy
basically is meant to go to any of the web-apps and follow any number of
redirects until a final page is reached, so external clients always get the
needed resource in one shot.

For instance, a client requests: http://hostname:80/wa1/resourcex, then the
request should actually go to http://hostname:80/proxy, after that the proxy
makes all calls following redirects to http://hostname:8080/wa/resourcex (where
the actual web-app context runs) and returns the final result to the client.

Somebody suggested this could be done with what is called "connectors", I
already read the documentation but honestly did not get how to actually get this done.

Who was the "somebody"? Maybe you should ask them to elaborate, because I'm not aware of a Tomcat Connector that does this type of thing.

I've not heard of this type of requirement before either, (but then I've led a sheltered life), what purpose does this serve?

Please assist. Thanks in advanced!