> - use a 1.6 JVM

Tried with Sun 1.6 JVM. Same problems. Not the same exact stack traces but
for example:

Thread 24427: (state = BLOCKED)
- java.lang.String.toCharArray() @bci=4, line=2725 (Compiled frame)
- java.beans.Introspector.decapitalize(java.lang.String) @bci=46, line=252
(Compiled frame)
- org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getterMethod(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=47, line=325 (Compiled frame)
-
org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getGetterOrNull(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=33, line=297 (Interpreted frame)
-
org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getGetterOrNull(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=71, line=304 (Interpreted frame)
- org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.setterMethod(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=2, line=251 (Interpreted frame)
-
org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getSetterOrNull(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=33, line=230 (Interpreted frame)
- org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.createSetter(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=2, line=214 (Interpreted frame)
- org.hibernate.property.BasicPropertyAccessor.getSetter(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.String) @bci=2, line=209 (Interpreted frame)
- org.hibernate.mapping.Property.getSetter(java.lang.Class) @bci=10,
line=277 (Interpreted frame)
-
org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buildPropertySetter(org.hibernate.mapping.Property,

- try different JVM settings, particularly GC related ones

Any thoughts on which GC parameters I should change.

> - switch to/from client from/to server JVM

Have tried with "-server" flag. Same problems.

I agree with you on JVM problem especially given that all the blocked
threads are blocked in calls to the String object. Problem is I'm not doing
anything exotic with the JVM. We simply did an "apt-get" to get the latest
Sun JVM for Ubuntu. I've been searching their forums as well for any mention
of incompatibilities with Sun's JVM.

Thanks for your help so far.

- Bradley