On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Leon Rosenberg [mailto:rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com]
>> Subject: Re: bypassing a servlet mapping to /*
>>
>> But If I add only the path:
>> <servlet-mapping>
>>     <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
>>     <url-pattern>/net/java/dev/moskito/webui/jsp/*</url-pattern>
>> </servlet-mapping>
>>
>> it doesn't, and I don't understand why?
>> Shouldn't the most 'matching' mapping win?
>
> Yes.
>
> What are the actual URLs being used here?

the first request comes as
/mui/mskShowAllProducers and is mapped to a filter, which, after
performing some tasks, calls:

                        if (forward!=null){

req.getRequestDispatcher(forward.getPath()).forward(req, res);
                        }

forward.getPath() would be ->
"/net/java/dev/moskito/webui/jsp/Producer.jsp" - a string field.

and if i use mapping with asterisk (/net/java/dev/moskito/webui/jsp/*)
, i see log errors from dispatcher servlet that it doesn't know how to
map
/net/java/dev/moskito/webui/jsp/Producer.jsp.
if i use direct mapping "/net/java/dev/moskito/webui/jsp/Producer.jsp"
in the web.xml (namely define EACH jsp, EACH image and EACH other
item)
it works.

regards
Leon