Hello guys,

If you can help with this problem.

I have an application deployed on tomcat V6.18. It uses a mysql database.
The problem is that after some hours the applicatiion throws an exception when
trying to connect to the data base.

com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to
underlying exception

I cofigured a data source using dbcp :

<Resource name="jdbc/${database.datasource}"
        auth="Container"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
        driverClassName="${database.driver}"
        url="${database.url}"
        username="${database.user}"
        password="${database.password}"
        removeAbandoned="true"
        removeAbandonedTimeout="300"
        logAbandoned="true"
        maxActive="20"
        maxIdle="20"
        maxWait="10000"
        validationQuery="SELECT 1"
        testOnBorrow="true"
        testOnReturn="true"
        testWhileIdle="true"/>

I did some searches and it seems that the problem is that the connection pool
keeps the connections for a long time even if they are considered dead by mysql

So if you can help

Thanks