Sarah_Sh schrieb:

I am new to tomcat and want to ask what I should do with this error
message:
Recovery thread failed to stop membership service.
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: Datagram send failed
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl.send(McastServiceImpl.java:385)

INFO: Setting cluster mcast soTimeout to 500

It looks like your Tomcat is part of a cluster.

http://localhost:8080/docs/config/cluster.html

If you're new to Tomcat, what about getting started using a simpler
scenario? By reverting to a standalone Tomcat without clustering?

I work with tomcat 6 on a virtual machine (port 80)

I can´t start a servlet with tomcat (tomcat say that the context can´t
be found): is this caused by this error?

No idea - I've never used clustering.

--
Michael Ludwig