> From: Scott Dunbar [mailto:sc...@xigole.com]
> Subject: Re: Any way to filter URL's with a dot in the directory name?
>
> No, I specified /* as my url-pattern:
> and my filter is not called when the URL is
> http://www.hostname.tld/.svn/entries

Is your webapp deployed as ROOT?  If not, what is the default webapp?  It would
be useful to see your entire WEB-INF/web.xml and your META-INF/context.xml, and
the deployment location of your webapp.

> The servlet spec is weird here and the url-pattern in a
> web-resource-collection.  The "." has special meaning that
> seems to indicate a file extension, not a directory.

Only in a <url-pattern> (not the URI itself), and only in conjunction with a
leading asterisk.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.