André Warnier wrote:
and still wants to add something :

- a new KeepAlive connection is made from the browser to Apache (httpd).
- then a request comes in on that connection, and it happens to be one that gets forwarded to Tomcat. So a mod_jk connection is made to Tomcat, Tomcat allocates a thread for it. - I would imagine that mod_jk must pass on to Tomcat the fact that this is a KeepAlive connection, so that Tomcat would know that its thread for that connection, should also wait for subsequent requests. - so now the webapp/thread generates the response to the first request, and waits on the connection for more requests. - however, the browser does send more requests to Apache, but these are not ones that get forwarded to Tomcat (for example, they are for items that Apache serves locally) ...

So now I wonder about how Apache + mod_jk + Tomcat react in such a situation. Do the mod_jk connection +Tomcat thread keep waiting anyway, and how long ?

Rainer ?