First off my question was answered (in the subject line) that what I am doing
should work for Windows OS.

When I did a view source in Firefox there was nothing.

When I looked at the error dialog box in FireFox there was nothing.

When I looked at the server logs for Jboss (both boot and log written to after
booting) there was no mention of an error.

By default there is no access log for Tomcat I have to enable it according to
an email sent by Chuck.

I have not looked for any additional browser plugins yet since for me FireFox
has been great at showing errors. But I will look at the other option you
mentioned.

I have installed both JBoss 5.1.0GA and Tomcat 6.0.20 on another OS Windows XP
and changing to port 80 worked fine.

The initial responses on this forum were Linux related but later ones after
reading that I was stating Windows 2000 Prof made adjusments to their answer to
my question.

>From the responses sounds as if no one has seen this type of problem which is
>probably related to some other install or OS specific or combination of all
>the above.

Regards,
-Tony

Regards,