> From: Tony Anecito [mailto:adanec...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: changing default ROOT webapp in Tomcat 6.0.18
>
> So if I create a directory named ROOT on say a network drive (or even a
> logical drive on the same server as Tomcat) Tomcat will find it without
> any modification to any config files?

Can't put it in just any arbitrary location; it must be under the <Host>
appBase directory.  If you want your webapp in a completely arbitrary place,
you should use the conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml approach, with that file
containing a <Context> element with a docBase attribute pointing to the
arbitrary location.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.