From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: question about using tomcat on a remote machine

He doesn't mention anything about his environment, but I'm betting he's
on Windows Server 2008 and running the APR native libraries.
I had the same problem when I first installed on this environment.  For
some reason, it doesn't open an IPv4 any address listener.  I changed
the connector tag in server.xml by adding "address='0.0.0.0'" before the
port and had it working just fine.  (I don't care about losing the IPv6
listener).
The funny thing was, I could connect all day from a browser on the host,
but not from any other host.

Jeff