Am Wed, 04 Nov 2009 09:43:54 +0100
schrieb Sergio Arrighi <sergio.arri...@iminholding.com>:

> Is it possible to have a tomcat webapp listening on a port different
> from the port which is in use by the server itself??
> Example:
> I have a tomcat server listening on port 80 and I want the 'A' webapp
> to be listening on port 10000.

AFAIK it is not possible to setup 2 http-connectors for one tomcat, but
you can install another tomcat in its own JVM with other port- and/or
IP-address-assignments with a coyote-connector listening to Port 10000.

Or you install a proxy or Apache2 with mod_proxy_ajp or mod_proxy_http
to offer an access via port 80 to tomcat and change tomcats
coyote-connector to Port 10000. Of course this will only give you two
different ways to connect to the same tomcat (and both applications)
but you can control access by using valves in tomcat and
ProxyPass-settings in Apache2.

RU,
 Tobias.