> I'll bet the only thing your code does with a JNDI string is perform the
lookup and get a Datasource.  You could implement multiple constructors
allowing your code to be initialized w/ a JNDI string, DataSource
object, or url/username/password.  The code utilizing the model classes
would simply create them using which ever constructor it has data for.

--David

David,

Sorry for the late reply (this darn this called "life" keeps butting in).

This approach is working for me; thanks for offering it.

Charles & Mark, thank for your responses as well.

Sincerely,
Eric