André Warnier wrote:
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David kerber [mailto:dcker...@verizon.net]
Subject: 32-bit service on 64-bit windows?

Can I install a 32-bit jvm and create a tc 5.5.28 service on win 2008
64-bit server?

Yes. The mode of the service wrapper must match the mode of the JVM to be used, not the mode of the OS. Note that the 5.5.28 .exe installer incorrectly checks the mode of the OS rather than the JVM, so it will install the wrong service wrapper for your situation. The easiest way around this is to use the .zip download, which includes the 32-bit service wrapper.

Well, you don't say.
No sooner do I post a piece of wisdom to this list, that I am instantly being contradicted by one of the sommities on it.
So, is it true, can one run 32-bit programs on 64-bit Windows ?
I was under the impression that this did not work, having had a number of error messages that last time I had a chance to try.

It depends on the .exe, but in my experience, most "user" applications will work. Ones that try to run as a service may be an exception; this is the first time I've tried to install a service on x64.