On 23.11.2009 01:37, Ahmed Medhat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Setting connection_pool_size to a non-zero value (100 in my case) have
> no effect at all..

It's not necessary (but it works). mod_jk when used with Apache
automatically sizes its pool in each processo to the number of request
threads configured in Apache.

> That's what I currently have configured..
>
> worker.jkw.connection_pool_size=100
> worker.jkw.connection_pool_minsize=60
> worker.jkw.connection_pool_timeout=3600
>
> Output from `netstat -anptue|grep httpd.worker` shows that there are
> only 4 connections in the ESTABLISHED state with Tomcat, I have the
> httpd.worker configured to 8 start servers and 60 as a thread limit.

The connections are opened lazily. Pools are per process. In order to
see a process pool with size>1 you will need to use a multi-threaded MPM
like worker. Even then, the pool will only grow, if you are running
multiple requests and they get dispatched to the same httpd process.

> At the initial startup of httpd.worker it creates around 12
> connections and then dies, mod_jk logs returns n

At startup it should not create any connections. It will create them
when it received requests.

What do you mean by "mod_jk logs returns n"?

Regards,

Rainer