On 26/11/2009 09:41, Jack Morton wrote:
Thanx for replying p :)
I'm sorry for multiples posts,
is there tools automating/facilitating deployment ?
a) for facilating deployment, you can have a look to these links:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html#Executing%20Manager%20Commands%20With%20Ant
http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/deployment.html
and more with google

b) for automating deployment, you can use a Integration Continuous server (like Hudson) that will build your war and deploy it (if the build is OK) with ant or maven on tomcat after every SCM modifications (if you use an SCM for your webapp) or at scheduled datetime. the job of the IC server is to trigger the build and maven or ant will do the deployment...

hope this help.

S.

(Reply to the list please.)

In what sense do you mean automating it?

If you have a .war file, copying it to the appropriate location on the file system is all you need to do.

The Manager app, (also in the docs), supplied with Tomcat provides information and a web UI for uploading and deploying applications.