I am using Apache HTTP Server 2.0.61, Apache Tomcat Server 6.0.14.0 and mod_jk
2.0.46 (AJP V 1.3).

Scenario - Client call for heavy Post request from JSP. Tomcat receives the
request and starts processing. Before receiving the response, client closes JSP
window. Thus there is no one to receive the output.

Issue - Tomcat continues processing request indefinitely, causing loss of free
heap memory and eventually crashes. When checked in Tomcat Monitor, under
header jk-8009, the stage for stuck request is SERVICE and time goes on
increasing.

I have checked several Time-outs setting for tomcat and AJP connectors, but
still of no use.

Kindly help. Also let me know if any specific parameterization is to ne
mentioned here for this.

Note: We cannot avoid client closing window while request processing is in
progress.

With best regards,
Nishant Hadole
Tel.: +91 22 2495 7816