hi Ahmed,
    JAR files are not "loaded" by Tomcat. A jar file is just a container of
classes, the classes are loaded by the JVM when the code makes reference to
them.
    If you specify a <Resource> on your context.xml, then Tomcat will look
for those classes (the driverClassName), but that does not mean that a
connection to the database is established at that point in time. It only
means that the driver has been loaded.
    Your application is responsible to ask for a connection whenever it
wishes.