Mark Thomas wrote:
On 18/12/2009 15:20, André Warnier wrote:
By the way, in the file LocalStrings_fr.properties that is in that same
directory, there are quite a few typos.  That's more my level, me being
a native French speaker and all.
How do I submit a corrected version, with a minimum of fuss ?

Get the latest version from here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/valves/LocalStrings_fr.properties

Fix it, create a bugzilla issue and attach the changes (ideally in diff
-u format) to the bugzilla issue.

Ok, I got the file above.
But, it seems that the "accented" characters are in some kind of Unicode-encoding scheme which looks like :

accessLogValve.alreadyStarted=Le traceur d''acc\u00e8s a d\u00e9j\u00e0 \u00e9t\u00e9 d\u00e9marr\u00e9

I understand well that these codes represent the corresponding Unicode codepoint, but I don't seem to have at the moment a text editor which can show this in a very usable way (although I have quite a few here). If this format an artefact of how I downloaded it, or do I need some special editor or setting, or do I just convert these codes to their UTF-8 equivalents and submit it as such ?