Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2009/12/26 Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>:
I am moving an application I have had running under tomcat5.5 to tomcat6 on
another computer.

I placed my war file in the webapps directory and tomcat duly automatically
deployed it.  But as soon as I try to access it, it throws an exception -
the root cause of which appears to be this line

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/akcmoney/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/hivemodule.xml
read)

This file is inside the deployed web app, and exists and has file
permissions 644 with ownership and group of tomcat6.

I do not understand what is wrong.  Can someone give me some advice as to
how to understand the problem.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/security-manager-howto.html

Thanks - understand much more now.

--