I've not had a successful download of the native libraries using the
5.5.28 Windows installer.  Everything appears to go normally: screen
says it's downloading, then goes on, but the file does not end up in the
bin directory.  Is there an install log file stored anywhere?
I've done this on various version of Windows with the same result (XP,
2003 Server, Vista, Window 7, 32-bit and 64-bit).

Also, once I download the libraries, I still get the following in the
catalina.log file:

Jan 3, 2010 12:56:08 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent

INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance
in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\bin;.;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Orac
le\product\11.1.0\db_1\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\Sys
tem32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files\Intel\DMIX;c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program
Files\NTRU Cryptosystems\NTRU TCG Software Stack\bin\;C:\Program
Files\Wave Systems Corp\Gemalto\Access Client\v5\;C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\DLLShared\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\binn\;

Jan 3, 2010 12:56:08 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol init

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

As you can see, the Tomcat bin directory is the first thing in the path.
I think this is a spurious error message, as I haven't seen any issues,
and the tcnative-1.dll file is being loaded, since Windows won't let me
move or delete it until I stop Tomcat.

Can anyone verify this or point me in the right direction?

Jeff

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.