On 03/01/2010 11:09, assan alhamoud wrote:
> Happy new year to all ,
>
> I am using tomcat and JBoss.

You'll need to explain that further. Why would you use Tomcat and JBoss
for the same app. I would expect one or the other.

> Tomcat/5.0.26

That is very, very old and has many known bugs and a number of security
vulnerabilities. I'd strongly suggest moving to 5.5.28.

> mod_jk/1.2.26

Also worth upgrading to the latest version

To get back to your original question, it looks like your app could
benefit from some tuning. The hanging is likely to be caused by long
running requests using up all the connections between httpd and Tomcat
and/or poor mod_jk / AJP connector configuration. Since you haven't
shown us this configuration it is hard to provide specific advice but
generally I would suggest:
- use JkOptions +DisableReuse (or sort out your timeouts but my
experience has been disable reuse is simpler to configure and has
similar performance)
- turn on access logging for Tomcat
- check any timeouts are consistent with your longest running requests
- ensure the following are compatible
  - httpd processes/threads
  - Tomcat AJP connector threads
  - mod_jk connection pooling