Hey all,

We are using Tomcat 6.0 / Apache 2.2. We would like the user to login
over HTTPS rather than plain HTTP.

So, I have defined the following security-constraint in the web.xml
file of our web application:

        <security-constraint>
                <display-name>Login</display-name>

                <web-resource-collection>
                <web-resource-name>Login</web-resource-name>
                    <url-pattern>/spring_security_login</url-pattern>
                        <http-method>GET</http-method>
                        <http-method>POST</http-method>
                </web-resource-collection>

                <user-data-constraint>
                </user-data-constraint>
        </security-constraint>

When a user clicks on the login link <a
href="/spring_security_login">Login</a>, he/she is redirected to the
following URL and the browser shows an "Unable to connect" error:
https://ourwebsite.com:8443/spring_security_login

What do I need to do so that the user is directed to
https://ourwebsite.com/spring_security_login instead (which, displays
the login page correctly). i.e. I do not want a port number in the
URL.

Please advise.

Thank you!
Joe