Hi and Happy New Year!

I have a library that uses JDBC and is being used within a my web app. The
library and JDBC driver jars are in the web app's WEB-INF/lib directory.
The library installs a Java shutdown hook, which ultimately uses the JDBC
driver to do some clean ups in the database.   I'm getting a class not
found error when trying to load the JDBC driver (in this case derby) in
the hook.  I suspect this is because the shutdown hook has been called
with a class loader that does not have access to WEB-INF/lib.

Any thoughts or solutions?  Thanks.

David Wood
Policy Technologies Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
daw...@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)