Well, it depends on the jvm memory usage. I use for my system this JAVA_HOME
jvm parameters in catalina.sh:
 -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=200m
It is not certain that this configuration is good for your system. I set
200Mb for max permgen size because the objects in permgen on average occupy
120Mb, but might be too much or too little for you. The same is true for
-Xms and -Xmx
I suggest you monitor your heap first (by jconsole or jvisualvm), in order
to know  memory usage by applications, and only then optimize the
configuration.