Thanks for the quick response Mark.  I think we have what your discussing on
the perl side (see example below).  If the resource is a java resource, what
should be supplied for the SetHandler or can that be left blank?

<Location /resource>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler Proofpoint::Apiservice::REST
    Options +ExecCGI
    PerlSendHeader On
    Satisfy all
    allow from all