There seems to be no code. This is logging properties. I am not sure
why the exception is not getting logged. I do have application
specific log4j.xml but that's only for application logs that is
working fine.

#org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level = INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level = INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].handlers
= 2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager].level
= INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager].handlers
= 3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/admin].level
= INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/admin].handlers
= 4admin.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager].level
= INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager].handlers
= 5host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler