2010/1/20 Paulwintech <paulwint...@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
>   I am new to the Tomcat Administration, I have some 4 production servers
> running Tomcat6.x with Jdk - To monitor all my applications like
> Apache,Tomcat and Mysql we are using OPmanager-Application manager tool.
>
>   Intermediately i get GC critical alert. That means some times GC
> collection goes high and remains for more than 10 mins. Then it clears the
> Grabage. But this is happening recently checked all possible logs found
> nothing. This is not happening every time, Say like twice in a day.......
>
> Could you give us a bit more information?
+ JDK version?
+ What memory and GC settings are set?
+ Does the alert coincide with high usage on the servers?
+ Does it happen on all servers equally?  If not, what factors differ
between the servers?
+ *Exactly* what condition causes the monitor to report the alert?  Feel
free to point us at the web page describing the alert's definition in the
monitor.

Sorry to ask for that lot, but different Java versions can handle GC very
differently, and the options make a difference too.

- Peter