When upgrading from Tomcat 5.5.x to Tomcat 6.0.x I am facing performance
issues.

I am using the same exact application in both versions. The application uses
JSP & custom tags.

Here is a quick list of the average loading time recorded (in ms) using Jmeter
:

Tomcat 5.5.23 : 32
Tomcat 6.0.18 / 6.0.20 : 143

When positioning the metadata-complete="true" in the web.xml file the loading
are much better :

Tomcat 6.0.18 / 6.0.20 : 34

Has anyone experienced the same problems with tags & Tomcat 6 ? I have also
noticed
that starting with Tomcat 6.0.3, no tldCache.ser is created inside the "work"
directory.
This file was created in Tomcat 5.5.x and 6.0.2. Could this be the reason why
Tomcat 6.0.20 is much slower than Tomcat 5.5.23 ?

The metadata-complete="true" parameter is not a real solution for me because
I'd like to use annotations in the future and from what I have understood
metadata-complete="true" stops Tomcat from scanning and injecting annotations.

Thanks,

Adrien