From: Ran Harpaz [mailto:ipa...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 12:04 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: CSV File "Save as" dialogue defaults to HTM file

Alessandro Bahgat wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:
>> On 25/01/2010 09:17, Ran Harpaz wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, I'm using Jetspeed 1.6, running on Tomcat.
>>>
>>> In a portlet I developed, I create a .csv file and print a link to
it.
>>> The
>>> user then needs to right-click on the file and select "save file
as".

>>> The dialogue that pops up defaults to file type HTML file, and
replaces
>>> the
>>> .csv extension of the file I link to with .htm.
>>>
>>> Is there anyway to resolve this? I really need to give access to the
csv
>>> file as-is, and not bother my clients more than neccessary.
>>
>> Are you setting the "Content-type" header to "text/csv", or are you
just
>> generating it with a JSP?
>>
>> The latter will automatically set text/html as the content type.
>
> You may also want to change the content-disposition header in order to
> make your server prompt the user with the "save as" dialog:
>
> For example,
>
> response.setHeader("Content-disposition",
>                   "attachment; filename=" +
>                   defaultCsvFilename );
>
> Regards,
> Alessandro

Thank you, but this solution doesn't seem to work on Jetspeed, due to
the
fact that I'm running JSR-168 Portlets on it. I don't believe they
support
changing the response's ContentType.

I wanted to know if there was anything about the Tomcat platform that
could
result in a CSV file defaulting to an HTM file, and if there was
anything to
do about it.

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.