On 26/01/2010 10:02, Woonsan Ko wrote:
Hi All,

Is it possible to configure a global JNDI resource which is loaded from a
webapp?

If it is defined in a webapp, it's not a global JNDI resource.
So, no.

I want to keep all related libraries for the resource in a web application, not
in shared library path, but I want the resource to be shared by other web
applications.
The primary reason is because there are two many related jar files for the
resource object and those can conflict other web applications if they are
deployed onto shared library path.
Also, I could make use of reloading feature by deploying onto a web app.

Here's an example scenario:
   - In shared lib folder, minimized api jars files only are deployed. The api
jars contains shareable interfaces or factory classes.
   - /repository webapp contains all related jar files, initializes a
repository instance and register it into global JNDI resource by some way.
   - /cms webapp accesses the repository by JNDI to author and manage contents.
   - /site webapp accesses the repository by JNDI to provide preview websites.
   - ...

Could you please recommend me a possible solution/alternative on Tomcat?

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan