One of the property files is called PasswordRules.properties.
here is how it is loaded -

ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
java.net.URL  url = cl.getResource("PasswordRules.properties");
System.out.println("url available"+(null!=url));

When the server first starts all is well.
However, after some time ( arbitrary amounts ) tomcat , the above SOP starts
printing url available = false which indicates the resource file is not
available.
And when I check the work\_\loader folder, I see this resource file is
indeed missing.

I was checking the documentation of <Context> element and it specifies
several attributes cacheMaxSize, cacheObjectMaxSize, cacheTTL etc..
However, Im not clear if these related to the content stored in work
folder.

Im going with the thought process of some how the cache size overflowing and
hence the static resource ( i . e under work folder being deleted. ) . Am i
Close. ?

Thanks,
Anand